How I Keep My Hair Long, Blonde & Healthy
I've been coloring my hair since I was 14 or so, yet my hair has always stayed super thick, long and strong. Part of this is due to genetics (both of my parents have a lot of hair!), but the rest has been due to good practices and amazing products. Below, I break down my steps to keeping healthy hair.
- I try to keep heat styling to a minimum—I let my hair air dry as often as possible, and always spray Bumble and Bumble's Invisible Oil Heat/UV Protective Primer before blow drying.
- I use Davines Alchemic Conditioner Silver every two weeks to keep my blonde bright. If you've just recently colored your hair, wait to use this until you notice fading— if you use it too soon, it can have a reverse effect and remove toner.
- A deep conditioning hair mask is never a bad idea. Kiehl's Olive Oil Deep Repairative Hair Pak is my fav.
- I also use It's a 10 after every shower to ensure my hair is tangle free, that way there's no breakage!
- Other frequents include One n' Only Argan Oil Styling Cream (smells amazing), IGK's Laid Back Defrizz and Anti-Static Spray, Invisibobble's Hair Rings for no kinks, and Oribe's Gold Lust Dry Shampoo.